Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2021, 08:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Top-level fish suggestions?

I recently introduced a school of 8 tiny kubotai rasboras to my 25 gallon bowfront. This tank also contains 5 red phantom tetras, 5 gold laser corys, and 6 cherry shrimp.

Everything was going well for about a week, until one night, when I turned down the lights, I noticed the tetras chasing the rasboras and nipping at them. One rasbora actually lost a piece of its tail, so I decided to move them to my 20 gallon cube which contains only 6 panda corys. The rasboras seem happier & more relaxed, but I miss seeing them swimming in the top half of the 25 gallon.

My question is, can anyone recommend small top-dwellers that can hold their own against my red phantoms?

Old 06-22-2021, 12:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Pearl danios. They're extremely small, thrive in a wide range of temperatures, and behave peacefully; don't show signs of aggression to other tankmates.

They're the perfect fish for your aquarium! And they look stunning

Tags
fish, fish suggestions, level, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com