trade license help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
as im a hobbyist breeder would i need to get a trade lisence for me to sell unwanted fry / juvinile fish to fellow hobbyist so i can fund my hobby ? by doing this could i create my own website todo so ?

dont forget im in the united kingdom . so rules maybe diffrent to the U.S.A asnd other countries

In the US no you would not need a license. You may wish to go up a few lines and ask the regional forum.

In the US no you would not need a license. You may wish to go up a few lines and ask the regional forum.

It depends, actually. In my state, at least, you're technically required to have a license from the Dept. of Agriculture if you sell fish. LFSs here are technically required to purchase fish only from those who have this. Is the Dept. of Ag going to come bust down your door for selling a batch of fry to the lfs? Nah, I highly doubt it... but if you're going totally by the book, that's the way you're supposed to do it here. Like I said, it depends on location and when it comes to the UK, I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom