website question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys im a hobbyist breeder of african cichlids and i have around 6-7 breeding pairs / groups and many fru and juviniles and i was wondering if i could create a website to sell them so i can fund the hobby and make some tank space or would i need some type of lisence for this

You won't need a liceanse, since you are only doing it on a hobby scale. However you should be aware that many fish sites consider one of the distinctions between a hobbiest and a commercial seller to be a website which advertises their product.

In my personal experience, you are not really likely to have enough offspring to justify having a website. You would be far better off to simply meet the posting requirements of fish forums and advertise your offspring for sale in the classified section.

One of the questions you are going to be asked with that many pairs is can you guarantee that the offspring are purebreds rather than hybrids?

Just some food for thought.

hi guys im a hobbyist breeder of african cichlids and i have around 6-7 breeding pairs / groups and many fru and juviniles and i was wondering if i could create a website to sell them so i can fund the hobby and make some tank space or would i need some type of lisence for this

Depends of the laws of where to live, you must be registered as compagny and pay taxes on what you sell most of the time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any clubs close to you?

All my cichlids are kept in diffrent tanks so they dont interbreed . i now have 8 tanks in my fish room and smallest ones are 20g longs .

i have qite alot of fry all the time. as my groups are pretty big . my smallest is 2 males and 12 females and they are Benga yellow peacocks . aswell as having 3 breeding pairs of angelfish.

I would look into clubs in your area, I know there is a large african cichlid club in england, not sure which part. I used to see their ads on facebook all the time when I had the Lincolnshire aquatic society page in my news feed.

Back
Top Bottom