Uh oh!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moncakat

Aquarium Advice Regular
My clown pleco is now TANISH GREEN?! He is supposed to look like thisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391919663.552263.jpg
But now he's like this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391919759.598745.jpg (sorry if he is hard to see behind that plant) his color does often change-- but only slightly. Maybe the picture will show him darker than he looks right now but I am just very concerned about whether he's sick or not. When I got home and turned the light on he was so PALE!!!! I'd never seen him like that. Could he have been in shock at all from the lighting suddenly changing so dramatically?

He eats extra fish food on the bottom of the tank and I give him lettuce, spinach, cucumber etc

He has also been spending a lot of Time munching in my aponogeton bulbs!

Hmm... Do you ever experience your pleco's color changing?

Yes he has this little castle that he hides ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391965577.632362.jpg in often

Ok, I'll try cutting back his food intake. I'll be checking for poo, too!

His poop seems to be dark brown to black... Is that bad??

His poop seems to be dark brown to black... Is that bad??

Whitish or stringy looking poop is bad. Fish will often be pale when they are sleeping, it makes them less noticeable to predators. He should color back up some after awhile when the lights go on.

Just observe to see if you see any other signs of illness. He seems to look fine from the pics. Also you have a light rock in your substrate, he may just be trying to blend in and lighten up for that reason... Hope he is well.

How do you like him I am entertaining ideas of getting one or some.

Whitish or stringy looking poop is bad. Fish will often be pale when they are sleeping, it makes them less noticeable to predators. He should color back up some after awhile when the lights go on.

Just observe to see if you see any other signs of illness. He seems to look fine from the pics. Also you have a light rock in your substrate, he may just be trying to blend in and lighten up for that reason... Hope he is well.

How do you like him I am entertaining ideas of getting one or some.

He's a beautiful fish and I'd definitely recommend one, unless you are looking for a more social pleco like a Para.

Do u have any driftwood in the tank? I heard they need drift wood to munch on to stay healthy, maybe he is lacking some nutrients due to a deficiency in something?

Back
Top Bottom