update: emergency emergency clown loach is stuck in wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
as an update to my clown loach thread, it ii sofficial he is stuck in the driftwood, witht he aide of a buddy and a 1 million candle power spot light I have found that he is stuck or at least acts it. I have enlarged an escape hole for him and has been coming up to it, but not comingoput just yet, the hole may be too small but he still may be scared, time will tell, I'm giving him another 24 hours then the wood is coming out and its time to surgically open it in a5 gallon bucket full of tank water. I'm smashing this piec eof wood after I get him out. the beuaty of it is not worht the 50 bucks in fish it has cost me, consideirng it cost 5 bucks lol Also on the rib area of the loach near the head it apears he may have a small scar or scratch, maybe do to trying to wiggle free? it may also just be a spot of his coloring, it sto hard to tell at the moment, just letting everyone know thats tried to help me save my baby :) HE WILL BE SAVED!!!! I"M DETERMINED LOL

jeez...I feel your pain.

My wife had this crappy plastic ship's wheel in mine, and my rainbow's would always get stuck in it. None died, but a couple did get scratched up, though they healed up nicely...

this thing is eating fish left and right, literally I never find bodie's, 3 fish so far possibly 4, any tips on removing fish with as little stress as possible?

Is he still coloured?
If he is he's fine.

Mine go white when they are really stuck and i just pull them out.

If he can move and if the hole is even close to his size he can get out if he wants.

All the action outside the log has probably scared him and he now wants some time to settle.

Try to feed him if possible. That will alleviate a good bit of stress if he's not only stuck but hungry. Definately keep the tank lights off if possible and keep the room relatively quiet. It is very likely he is scared to death with all the rumminging and making holes you've been doing (not saying that was a bad thing, just that it probably stressed him a good bit).

And I agree, since we cannot directly communicate with fish, quick is normally always the preferred method in doing anything (accept acclimation), otherwise we just stress them more and more...

well I'm happy to say he's out and completly ok, he came out on his own and now hangs with his buddy in the huge ceramic stump lol thanks for the advice and support guys

Rewind 3 years... exact same thing happened to me.

I cut up a beer coozie and stuffed the hole after that incident to make sure nothing ever got in again. Glad you got him out ok.

Back
Top Bottom