used tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjdave

Aquarium Advice Regular
I picked up a hexagon 20gl tank and hood and stand on Craig's list for free. I have 2 questions about it. One it has been used for a turtle tank, it has small scratches in the silicon. How do I repair this? A two it has like water spots on the inside that are white thay will not clean with just hot water is there something else I can clean with? Thanks
David

I picked up a hexagon 20gl tank and hood and stand on Craig's list for free. I have 2 questions about it. One it has been used for a turtle tank, it has small scratches in the silicon. How do I repair this? A two it has like water spots on the inside that are white thay will not clean with just hot water is there something else I can clean with? Thanks
David

You can try vinegar and a sponge and some hot water and how deep are the scratches?

Thanks, the scratches seams just to be at the edge of the silicon not to the center. I will try to get a pic up today when I figure it out. Thanks for the help.
David

If the scratches are on the silicone you can try just using silicone over it. It won't stick to old silicone but may fill in the missing edges. If not, the other option is using a razor to strip all of the old silicone and reapplying it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Why would a scratch in the silicone bother you, is it bad, very visible? If its in bad shape, coming off from the glass or leaking then I would think you have an issue.

Back
Top Bottom