Using Bottled Distilled Water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewToFish1989

Aquarium Advice Activist
Since I'm still fighting against high nitrates in my water, is it ok to use bottled distilled (Not spring water) in my tank?

Local store sells 2 litre bottle of distilled water for 17p each. Would I still need to use a declorinator in it or not? No one near me sells RO water and can't really afford a RO unit right now.

Distilled is fine, I've used it in my reefs in a pinch last year when my ro unit was putting out 400 tds water until I could get a new membrane and di resin

Distilled is fine, I've used it in my reefs in a pinch last year when my ro unit was putting out 400 tds water until I could get a new membrane and di resin

Is there anything I need to mix with it? Read I'll still need to use a water conditioner because some brands put fluoride in it and that it needs mixing with a little tap water?

I didn't do any of that and I was adding it to my reefs, I think you should be fine but maybe add a little conditioner JIC

Back
Top Bottom