Viva la PetSmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
919 said:
Jason the Lost said:
Hara said:
Jason the Lost said:
Thank you for missing the point almost entirely.

No reason to be rude. Please refrain from being so.

919 said:
Give the kid a break it was probably their first job, and are just trying to follow the book. Also who cares if they guarantee their fish, most freshwater fish retail less than $15, if it doesn't make it just suck it up as a cost of the hobby.

Wasn't attempting to be rude, just making an observation. Odd though that a jab at someone insinuating they're being petty when its obviously off base with the point of the post, which was clearly elaborated on is OK... Makes sense.

At no point did I make mention of the cost of the fish setting me back, it was clearly about my opinion of petsmarts sudden policy change.

Calm down, no one here or Petsmart is trying to insult you. Joke with the kids who are working their they will be easier to work with and more understanding, they may even give you a break from time to time. Chain stores don't employee experts don't expect to receive that kind of service their either. Just enjoy the quick easy access to low cost goods and services.

I'm very calm. A point is a point. Never thought I was getting an expert and aside from my sarcastic initial brainiac comment my commentary in this thread has always been based on the holes in their new gaurantee. Joking with peggy Sue petsmart is not going to change corporate policy. Never said anything about petsmart insulting me...not even sure we're both reading the same thread at this point. :?

The main point being is most legit Petstores have a guarantee on their fish when you bring in water samples. It's not a big deal...how many people are going to return to the store for a $4 fish...not many. It's not even worth the gas in this day and age.

Petsmart has never had any kind of stipulations to their guarantee before and now they do. Fine, they're in the business to make money...thats pretty obvious. However their guarantee makes little to no sense because you could be buying a fish to throw in a bowl with blue toilet water for all they know....as long as you don't have a "community" fish in with a "semi aggressive" they'll guarantee you for two weeks.

It's uninformed and ill-logical. Be a corporate giant. Have a guarantee to cover your ass. No one expects them not to...but with all the money in the world at your disposal I would expect that your policy would have less holes in it than the store down the block taking in 1/100 of your business.

I'm not trying to be confrontational or rude about anything and I was under the impression that any tangential comments I made during the discussion would not be taken as what the intial gripe was centered on.

My first visit to a petsmart was for replacement media for my Eheim 2213... The employee asked if he could help Me, I asked if they carry Eheim products. His response of what is Eheim tipped me off as to not ask anymore questions...;)

Back
Top Bottom