Water Stains on glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean on the outside of the tank? Like the glass walls? I use windex for the outside of the tank. Just make sure that none gets in the water. And I use the car windex from autozone because it doesn't leave as much streaks:

No inside like the condensation on the aquariun top glass covers left mineral deposites

No inside like the condensation on the aquariun top glass covers left mineral deposites

I normally use my magnet to clean the top above the waterline and use paper towels for the rest, such as under the hood, etc. I wonder if you could use one of those sham wow type of rags?

Make up a unused new spray bottle with half white vinegar and half distilled water. Vinegar residue is safe for fish as it neutralizes quickly in contact to the water. The vinegar will dissolve the calcium stains on the cover and is good for cleaning the outside tank glass also. I've kept a labeled sprayer of it by my tanks for years. OS.

Back
Top Bottom