Cholla Wood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faysalals1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have big size Cholla Wood, and its my favorite Aquascape decoration to add to all my Aquariums.

My issue is they eventually get dark black stains on them that looks like Algae? and it ruins the how the Aquarium looks.

I removed it, washed it with hot water, cleaned it with tooth brush.. but the dark brown stain is still there!

Does anyone know what it is and how to remove it if possible?

Attachments

• IMG_3665.jpg
    IMG_3665.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3668.jpg
    IMG_3668.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 18
It just looks like the surface of the wood is getting polished from water flow, snails crawling over it feeding etc. Thats just what the wood is going to look like after a while in an aquarium.

Nice aquascape BTW.

How is the apple snail? Mine just ate everything living in the aquarium, including hunting down, killing and eating an expensive betta. Grew to about 4" diameter shell and eventually had to go.

It just looks like the surface of the wood is getting polished from water flow, snails crawling over it feeding etc. Thats just what the wood is going to look like after a while in an aquarium.

Nice aquascape BTW.

How is the apple snail? Mine just ate everything living in the aquarium, including hunting down, killing and eating an expensive betta. Grew to about 4" diameter shell and eventually had to go.

I have 3 golden mystery snails, its not apple snail. I used to hate snails, but after the Golden Mystery snails, im enjoying them more than the Betta!

Back
Top Bottom