Weird feather fin catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have a feather fin catfish and it does this weird thing where it searches the tank for something solid an then it turns sideways and will skid across it iv watched a huge silver dollar do it at a LFS and could never figure this out

Ok so I have a feather fin catfish and it does this weird thing where it searches the tank for something solid an then it turns sideways and will skid across it iv watched a huge silver dollar do it at a LFS and could never figure this out

I'm not positive but it sounds like "flashing" to me

Sounds the same to me.

Usually it's a sign of an external parasite or ich, so medicating wouldn't be a bad idea once you figure out exactly what he's doing.

I'm not sure of the sex how do you sex them and there's only one feather fin but I have a RTC and a pictus cat fish

Alright i was just making sure that it wasn't laying eggs. I'm not sure how
to sex them exactly but i do know that it is hard.

I read that feather fin breeding have never been recorded in captivity and the only way to sex them is when they're breeding

I was gonna buy the upside down catfish but someone beat me to it and they're the cousin of the feather fin catfish the feather fin even swims upside down periodically

Don't they're aggressive it's tearing my RTC apart he has like half a fin and its dorsal fin is pretty tore up

Back
Top Bottom