Weird worm or a huge poop :/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've was doing my water changes and the platy in my sons tank had a massive white thing coming out of its butt like the thickness if iPhone earphones cord lol best thickness description I could think of. Anyway I watched her for ages then it seemed to be going in then out getting longer then shorter it didn't look like a poop weird! I hope I was and she was just constipated. I googled it but couldn't find any worms in fish that big and white ? Any one have any ideas ?

I can't tell you what it is but sounds like an internal parasite.
Ahhh one thing after another I don't see how she would have got it I haven't added anything new and she hasn't been any different than usual. I suppose I'm going to have to do another water change and treat the tank for them then. I added melafix after today's water change. This is in my sons tank.

Also in my main 70litre tank my new female guppy has the shimmies and what looks like some white small raised growth on her body I just got her yesterday and didn't notice it when I got her although she looks quite pregnant aswell. I really need to set up a quarantine tank to avoid this. But my parents will have a spack attack if i set up another tank, not that im a child lol,my son ,dog,bird and i Moved back in with them after i split with my ex so id be pushing it. Im terrified its something bad and my fish will get sick . My tank has been so healthy lately ahh it's my own fault.

Ahhh one thing after another I don't see how she would have got it I haven't added anything new and she hasn't been any different than usual. I suppose I'm going to have to do another water change and treat the tank for them then. I added melafix after today's water change. This is in my sons tank.

Also in my main 70litre tank my new female guppy has the shimmies and what looks like some white small raised growth on her body I just got her yesterday and didn't notice it when I got her although she looks quite pregnant aswell. I really need to set up a quarantine tank to avoid this. But my parents will have a spack attack if i set up another tank, not that im a child lol,my son ,dog,bird and i Moved back in with them after i split with my ex so id be pushing it. Im terrified its something bad and my fish will get sick . My tank has been so healthy lately ahh it's my own fault.

For internal parasites all you have to do is treat with a medicated food if it's available where your at. And usually fish come with the parasite/s already.

Back
Top Bottom