Well I had a Problem TOday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobby4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So i come home from class today and notice that my tank is half empty and i am like what the hell so i look at the floor all around and there is a good 5 gallons of water all over the place.

Needless to say i had to go buy a new one so that all my fish didnt die so i took this oppurtunity to go get a 30 gallon and totally do away with all my 10 gallon crap.

So i went to the store and bought the 30 gallon and some sand and apparently did not rinse the sand off enough because my water is cloudy, the problem with just letting it settle and waiting is that all of my fish from the smaller tank are in a bucket. What can I do?

Also i just ordered a PENGUIN BIO-WHEEL 330 and was wondering what everbody thought of this filter. I have always had Bio wheels so i figured i would go with what i liked.

Well sorry for such a long opening post but thanks for the help.

-T

What about finding a way to hang the filter from the 10 on the bucket overnight. Empty the tank and rinse the sand again. fill it back up and go to bed. When you get up the tank temp should be stable and you can move the fish.

AquaClear and Penguin filters are the most popular hob's in this forum. The 330 should be perfect for the 30.

I second chasgood and you ought to use as much of the contents of your 10 that you can to transfer bacteria, including the filter and media.

A 330 is a very nice filter - got one myself!

The seal just released a little bit on one side. It was old a cheap so i honestly was not that surprised but still a little angry.

Wow.
Never had that happen to me yet, touch wood.
Good excuse I suppose (if the damage was not extensive) to get a bigger tank! Jeff

It will not hurt the fish to go into the cloudy water if its caused by the sand. Personally Iw ould transefere as much as possible put as much old water in as possible and keep track of water parameters.

Back
Top Bottom