Well water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fryfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I live in the twin cities metro area. I have well water. It is nasty! Stains rusty color on sinks, in washing machine, in the toilet. Can't even own/wear white! What I do for weekly water changes is buy five gallons of R/O water from store. Then I polish ten gallons of well water with my diy polisher. The pad ends up really stained brown. Then I heat and condition all fifteen gallons before I add to aquarium after water/vaccum change. My pH is high. I have a common pleco and platys. This seems to work. My fish are active and healthy. Does anybody have any tips or tricks they use or does my system seem okay. Thanks in advanced!

Probably high in iron. What are the other water parameters? I don't know what you pay for R/O water but for $200 you can set up your own R/O system and make life a lot easier.

What rlederer says is true, I would def invest in an RO/DI unit if your well water is that bad. My well water goes through a filter and softener and comes out pretty nice and soft, just still very high in pH which all my fish do not seem to mind at all!

Back
Top Bottom