Went to the zoo... AMAZING photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
do you think i should put it up for freshwater pic of the month?
Went to the toronto zoo. This is probably about... 1/3rd of the tank. For the full size (5 megapixel) version, PM me, Its 900kb, it wouldn't let me post it.

It was their "african rift lake" setup. I dont know if its 100% accurate, but it was an impressive site to see! the tank was about 10 feet tall, 8 feet deep, and maybe 16-20 feet wide. Impressive.

Unfortuantely i caught some glare. I took a 50 mb video of it, i want to see if i can get it to loop and use it as a screen saver ;-)

and i thought my tank was over stocked...

great pic, i'd send it in for fw pic of the month. were do you view pics of the month?

You need written permission to submit for F/W pic of the month since it is not your tank.

This flies right in the face of an anonymous submission. For that fact the submission may be tossed out. We try our best to make all submissions anonymous minus acutally editing a copyright someone put in the image so as to have an fair contest and not one that might be swayed by different members popularity or lack there of.

sudz said:
It was their "african rift lake" setup. I dont know if its 100% accurate, but it was an impressive site to see!

I have swum in Lake Malawi and that is pretty much how I remember it. Thousands of fish! I had been pretty badly sunburned and was peeling at the time and those cichlids literally attacked me lol. My wife sat on the boat and outright refused to get in the water because there were so may fish. Great experience though..I kept cichlids for years after that.

daaaaamn

I've seen some pretty crazy cichlid tanks, but that is rediculous lol not in a bad way though. It looks like a fish-traffic-jam

Busch Gardens Tampa has a tank like that with a nice current running through it, so most of the fish are facing the same direction. I probably have a pic somewhere. they hace a few bigger fish there too. not to mention the two hippos that run through. I love that tank, and the ones at sea world.

Sudz, you are not appreciating what you are being told. The contest is supposed to be anonymous entries. By you posting that photo here, asking about opinions, everyone knows it is YOU that is submitting it. There goes the anonymity of the matter.

Sudz, you are not appreciating what you are being told. The contest is supposed to be anonymous entries. By you posting that photo here, asking about opinions, everyone knows it is YOU that is submitting it. There goes the anonymity of the matter.

Back
Top Bottom