what algea eater can go in my 10gal with my 2 orandas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello. i'm rather new to all this, i have a 10 gal. tank with 2 adorable oranda goldfish (frank and ethel) and a tiny snail, but i was wondering if i can get a algea eater of some sort? I know that your supose to have 10 gallons per goldfish, but they're only 3inches each right now, and i'll hopefully be upgrading to a bigger tank soon. But is it out of the question to get a algea eater in my 10 gallon tank right now?

You could go with a briustlenose pleco. They can stand low temps just fine and shouldn't get any bigger than 5"

Do you realize you will be needing a much bigger tank for those 2 goldfish? A 29/30g would work. Large water changes are also necessary (up to 80% weekly) for these messy, high waste-producing fish.

I wouldnt add anything to the tank. Its too small for the occupants as is, even though they are 'only' 3". Upgrade and then think about an algae eater.

I suggest you not put anything else in your 10 gallon. You should consider upgrading to the biggest tank you can before you get anymore fish.

By adding a bottom feeder you would increasing your waste even more then what you have with the 2 goldfish.

How often are you doing water changes? What are your water parameters?

i know i need a bigger tank (i said that) i do water changes every other day, about 40%, but thanks for the concern

Back
Top Bottom