What an Evening...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got some beautiful new plants from @nirbhao. She sent me beautiful moneywort and even included some AR Mini and Rotala trimmings! :D
I decided to put them in the tank and in the process decided to mess around with the plant placement in the 26 bowfront. I'm not sure how much I like my revised scape, but it'll do for now. I'll include a picture at the end.
So I finished up with the plants after about an hour, then did a water change of around 75% because of all the gunk I'd kicked up. I filled the tank back up and plugged in the heater. I tried to plug the filter back on, but it wouldn't start. After a few minutes of fiddling with it, I discovered that for absolutely no reason, it had stopped working. :blink:
Luckily I had an extra filter lying around. It's an Aquaclear 20. I threw the media in from my Fluval C3 which had broken and plugged the new one in.
I can't understand why a filter that was working perfectly suddenly decided to stop working... :banghead:
So after that fiasco, I decided "I'm already frustrated and soaking wet, so why not get some more things off my bucket list while I'm at it?" I managed to catch all my baby mystery snails and decided to try my hand at gendering them. I came to the conclusion that either they're all boys (??), or I've messed up horribly somewhere along the line. I'll just wait until they do something obvious to gender them. :facepalm:
My godmother, who has been patiently waiting for her tank to cycle, was going to take some of each now that's it's done. But since I couldn't tell who was what and I know she likes the pink ones best, I'm letting her have all of the pinks.
All in all, a crazy evening. I'm too tired to work on the ten gallon scape, which had been my plan prior to this fiasco.
If anyone has any idea why the filter decided to break, I'd love to hear it.
And now my revised scape. I have a feeling I'll be messing with it more. I took out my crypts, water sprite and some weird plant the store called "ice crystal plant" to put into the ten gallon.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 47
Thanks. :) My panda corys decided they could do a better job, so they tore up some of the plants I just planted... :lol: They're keeping me on my toes.
In other, less disastrous news, I got to spend a relaxing couple minutes watching my hermit crabs eat the fruit salad I made them. It was awfully cute.

Sometimes the impellers get stuck on those Fluval filters. If you haven't done it before there are a bunch of youtube tutorials on how to take it apart and fix it.

I hate tank drama. I put my canister together and pinched the O ring and it leaked like a sieve about a month ago.

Sexing young snails is tough! When I got my first snails I had no idea anyone was female until eggs popped up.

Back
Top Bottom