Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

What are good fish that can live with a common pleco Cold Water or Tropical fish.

Please give both of which fish are better in cold water and tropical. Give 6 of each tropical and cold water if there is any for cold water.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmm620 View Post
Please give both of which fish are better in cold water and tropical. Give 6 of each tropical and cold water if there is any for cold water.
I don't understand your question.... There's nothing that can live in coldwater with a common pleco. As a common pleco isn't cold water. There's many fish that can live with common plecos. Almost every fish can

3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok thanks can you name at least 10 tropical fish that can live with common plecos. Also I am upgradint to a 20 gallon tank so yea
Old 10-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ok thanks can you name at least 10 tropical fish that can live with common plecos. Also I am upgradint to a 20 gallon tank so yea
Common plecos need 125+ gallon tanks. I'd rehome it.
3g Pico Reef
Old 10-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Ok but can you please name at least 10 great tropical fish that can lie with plecos thanks. and it is only 3 inchs long so not yet.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ok but can you please name at least 10 great tropical fish that can lie with plecos thanks. and it is only 3 inchs long so not yet.
Well it depends on what you like. There's so many different freshwater fish. And pretty much every fish can live with one. That's leaves you thousands of possibilities.
3g Pico Reef
Old 10-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you so pretty much any tropical fish. And thanks again. I mean I know my fish facts but just to be on the safe side you know what I mean. I had a cichlid that killed all my fish but the only real survivor was the pleco. He is awesome and there shapes. Thanks even though I just joined today I think this will be my go to area for any help about fish I don't know about. You made me feel welcomed
Old 10-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Welcome to the site.
I am sorry to have to say this, but a 20g tank is unfortunately not a suitable home for a common pleco. This fish can reach close to 2 feet. It will not stay 3 inches for long, and it would be better for the fish to be in a much bigger tank.
As for fish that can go in a 20g tank, there are hundreds. I actually suggest you try going to your local fish or pet store and looking at what they have in stock. Write down the names of fish you think are cool, and then research them at home.
For a few ideas, some random tropical fish that will be ok in a 20g tank include neons, black neons, scissor-tail rasboras, harlequin rasboras, Pristella tetras, serpae tetras, black phantom tetras, Bolivian rams, clown pleco, bristlenose pleco, dwarf gourami, and panda cories.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #9

Location: i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tank.
Not goldfish as they eat thier scales off, but pretty much anything else that is tropical, as they are herbivorous and have no teeth
Old 10-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have neon tetras, red-eye tetras, buenos aires tetras, and mollies with my pleco and none of them mess with the pleco. If anything, they scatter when he swims around since he's over twice the size of the next biggest fish.

My buenos aires tetras are bullies though, I wouldn't recommend them.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Thank you so pretty much any tropical fish. And thanks again. I mean I know my fish facts but just to be on the safe side you know what I mean. I had a cichlid that killed all my fish but the only real survivor was the pleco. He is awesome and there shapes. Thanks even though I just joined today I think this will be my go to area for any help about fish I don't know about. You made me feel welcomed
If your upgrading to a 20g, what size tank is the common pleco and cichlid in right now? What type of cichlid?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk View Post
If your upgrading to a 20g, what size tank is the common pleco and cichlid in right now? What type of cichlid?
It's a terrifying thought.

Tags
ate, common, fish, live, pic, plec, pleco, tropical, tropical fish, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com