What are these "bugs" in my aquarium?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquariumferret

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I recently had an ich infestation in my betta tank and decided to copper which unfortunatly ended up being to harsh for my giant betta. To kill off the ich faster I raised the tank temp to 94 degrees and thats where it has been for a solid ten days. I removed all of the copper through water changes and chemical filter changes. I had hoped the high temp alone would be enough to kill the parasites. But now looking closely today I noticed there are these little "bugs" crawling all over a stick I have in there. They are too small to notice any little features but they sorta look like little aphids but they are whitish/grey in color. Does anybody know what these are? Are they harmful to fish? And i'm pretty sure I just noticed a little white worm about a centimeter in length sqiggle to the bottom. I have a new fish arriving in the mail from aquabid in about five days so i'm afraid these things whatever they are could harm him :( What can survive in 94 degree water?! Should I add the copper for these five days and remove out right before i get my fish just to be sure I killed everything? Please help! Thanks.

So I recently had an ich infestation in my betta tank and decided to copper which unfortunatly ended up being to harsh for my giant betta. To kill off the ich faster I raised the tank temp to 94 degrees and thats where it has been for a solid ten days. I removed all of the copper through water changes and chemical filter changes. I had hoped the high temp alone would be enough to kill the parasites. But now looking closely today I noticed there are these little "bugs" crawling all over a stick I have in there. They are too small to notice any little features but they sorta look like little aphids but they are whitish/grey in color. Does anybody know what these are? Are they harmful to fish? And i'm pretty sure I just noticed a little white worm about a centimeter in length sqiggle to the bottom. I have a new fish arriving in the mail from aquabid in about five days so i'm afraid these things whatever they are could harm him :( What can survive in 94 degree water?! Should I add the copper for these five days and remove out right before i get my fish just to be sure I killed everything? Please help! Thanks.

Have you got another tank spare??? Which is fully cycled because if it was me I would totally restart this tank from a fresh five days should be long enough to cycle if you use already established water from another tank :) just my opinion!

Back
Top Bottom