What are you getting your fish for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where are you getting it at? Petco has Its dollar per gallon sale. But it's just the glass.

Where are you getting it at? Petco has Its dollar per gallon sale. But it's just the glass.
PetSmart. They've got a 60 gallon with hood, lights and cabinet base for $249. Only thing is the lights are LED. Not sure how LED lights are with plants. I have a few live plants.

Ok because petco has a tank 55 gal with hood,light,heater,filter, and trial stuff. For 180

No it does not. But you could buy on for 80 bucks and its a great stand. Love it has everything you need to level the tank perfectly.

I'll look into it. I have a gift card for Petco too! I won't be able to get anything for over a week though. Is this a sale or an every day thing?

Can't wait to see that betta! Are you still having mini-cycles?

Lol i can't wait to get him !!!
Errrr it did recycle after the mini cycle and i had 4 clear tests,then got a small 0.25 ammo spike but the problem is my low ph,ive got some CC in now and trying to get that stabalised slowly,i think thats been my problem all a long,ive used ph up loads but its short lasting,Rivercats been helping me out with it all,i didn't know about CC for ph until i came on here,cos he said was too low for BB and i didn't realise that either,just when i.thought i knew it all about water chemistry .... I didn't lol

Errrr it did recycle after the mini cycle and i had 4 clear tests,then got a small 0.25 ammo spike but the problem is my low ph,ive got some CC in now and trying to get that stabalised slowly,i think thats been my problem all a long,ive used ph up loads but its short lasting,Rivercats been helping me out with it all,i didn't know about CC for ph until i came on here,cos he said was too low for BB and i didn't realise that either,just when i.thought i knew it all about water chemistry .... I didn't lol

Ooops she i meany sorry again Rivercats ;-)

Sounds good. If I can make a suggestion, it's usually not good to play with your pH with chemicals. It messes up the water and can cause pH fluctuations. I recommend sticking a bag of crushed coral in the filter. It'll make it stable and it's easier than using chemicals.

Sounds good. If I can make a suggestion, it's usually not good to play with your pH with chemicals. It messes up the water and can cause pH fluctuations. I recommend sticking a bag of crushed coral in the filter. It'll make it stable and it's easier than using chemicals.

Thats what i did hun,and i was saying Rivercats suggested crushed coral ,thts wot i meant by CC lol,because i knew AP PH up wasn't working,it does but is short lived,anyway she said to steady it away small amounts to begin with and eventually got it sorted at around 6.6/6.8 and i know Bettas like a little acidic,but Rivercats was more concerned with my BB,in the plus side too my spike is settling too so all looking good at moment :)

Great that the spike is settling? Lol I was wondering what CC meant. I don't know all the abbreviations yet.

Great that the spike is settling? Lol I was wondering what CC meant. I don't know all the abbreviations yet.

Oh right lol,i saw someone put CC so i did sorry about that,yeah should all be sorted soon,then i can go get my crowntail :) ill post pics once he settles in,ill keep ya updated promise lol

A new Otocincls, a new Mystery Snail, a new heater and some cucumber treats XD

Back
Top Bottom