What can I add?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gloria

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys!
I’m a beginner in aquariums and I would like your advice on how many fish I can add to my aquarium. It’s a 50 liter( I think that’s around 13 gallons) one. For now I just have 3 guppies inside. I was afraid not to overstock so I just got 3 for a start. But they are tiny( and I mean tiny) little things(not sure if they’ll grow any bigger) you actually lose them in the tank :lol:
So my question is what other and how many other fish can I add to my tank along with the guppies. Oh and they are all males so I won’t be having any fry(didn’t want to end up with a million guppy babies I wouldn’t know what to do with!)
Thank you for any advice!!

How about some other livebearers platys, swordtails they are great. Maybe some shrimp to keep algae under control.

Dwarf Rasboras, Chili rasboras, Celstial Pearl Danios, Emerald Rasbora, single Dwarf gouramis, neon tetra, ember tetra, pygmy corydoras, Corydoras habrosus, Corydoras nannus, any shrimp, killifish, 1 or 2 oto cats, mystery snails, nerite snails, rabbit snails.

All the above are suitable for your tank size. Just understand/research their needs.

Thank you all for your answers!! I’ll research all the fish you proposed and make sure my next addition to the tank is something that can fit in!

Probably avoid swordtails in that size of tank; they can get up to about 5 inches long, and a 13g tank just isn't large enough.
Platies would be your best bet, if you want more livebearers. They're easy to sex, and your fish store employee should be able to help with that.
You could do a small school of corydoras (4-5) if you wanted.
I think your guppies will grow, and should reach close to 2 inches, including the tail. Most pet stores sell juvenile fish, not adults. Give them some time.

Platies would be your best bet, if you want more livebearers. They're easy to sex, and your fish store employee should be able to help with that.
I like the idea of platies! They’re beautiful fish! But after a little research I’m not sure how many to add! A lot of people suggest a 20 gallon tank for them. Others say they fight with guppies! On the other hand the site flitabout mentioned, Aqadvisor gives me a 74% aquarium stocking level with 3 guppies and 2 platies, which I believe is an acceptable stocking level. And I’m a little confused now :confused: :oops:
PS I’m talking about an all male tank, so no fry to deal with :lol:

Back
Top Bottom