What food do your fish go CRAZY for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
What treats make your fish happy?

My cichlids go bonkers for algae wafers! With how crazy they go, I'll never have to stir the sand! lol

Actually, they go crazy for all food the same way. They don't seem to have a preference. That's the wonder of not overfeeding..... :)

My fish go nuts for formula one. Especially my chromis. They act like they've never eaten in their lives ;d It is fun to feed them that.

(sorry, saw this was in freshwater.. the chromis are saltwater)

That was pretty snippy.

They go crazy for their NLS; but, that's really not a treat. Algae wafers are what I use for treats.

Def. When I used to feed mine blood worms they were very happy. ;) then I found out they shouldn't be eating that much protein! When I get the chance for an oscar tank I'll def try live food.

My fish like anything meaty! My Triggerfish attacks the sheet of algae I put in his tank! He loves it!:)

The Gold Barbs and Boesemani Rainbows go after the Cucumber and Zucchini I put in for the Bristlenose and Otocinclus. They swim up, take a bite, and rip off a chunk.

Honestly.. my Oscar and Bichir eel go crazy for anything. I use tongs and feed the Eel bloodworms / beefheart. I also mix up my oscars diet. Every other day he gets fed, and each time I rotate = beefheart, krill, pellets.

But....live food they love. Once in a while I'll go to my LFS where they have well maintained feeder fish and dump like 6 at once in the tank. Man he can move so fast when he wants to lol. My eel also always gets at least 1 fish, he's aweeesome to see when he gets other fish :D

It doesn't matter what I feed my Mbuna, they eat everything like it's blood worm. I feed them NLS Cichlid food every other day and they eat like it's been a week. They also go nuts for the NLS wafers that I feed my Green Dragon BN Pleco twice a week. I have to hide the wafers where the Pleco can find them but the Mbuna can't reach them.
On the other hand, my Angelfish are a pain, they don't seem to like much of anything. Neither do the Long Fin Albino Pleco in their tank. I finally changed to NLS Finicky Fish Food and that they will eat, but it's insanely expensive.

Back
Top Bottom