What is the best mildly cheap tester you can find?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you're referring to a water testing kit to test your water's pH, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, I'd recommend the API Freshwater Master Test Kit. It is usually around $17-25 depending on where you get it from, and its test results are much more accurate than the little paper strip test kits that are available. If you follow the link I provided, you can get it from Big Al's for $17.99 before shipping.

If you're looking for kits to test for GH/KH or phosphate, API also makes decent kits for those as well which are sold separately from their master test kit.

also the tetra laborette is a 14 dollar test kit that includes those that the api mater doesnt, I got em both, the laborette to fill in what API left out

you can also check on line at petsmart.com and see what there online price is and then print it out if it is lower than there in store price they will have to sell it to you for the online price per there store policy.

It depends on your purpose. I keep a small, established fresh water tank and generally all I keep an eye on regularly is temperature and ammonia. I use a $2 in tank tester for ammonia and have a liquid test in case I need it. I keep few strip tests for other things, they aren't 100% accurate but good for the occassional check.

you can also check on line at petsmart.com and see what there online price is and then print it out if it is lower than there in store price they will have to sell it to you for the online price per there store policy.

It works too...I have done this....and they never hassle me for it they just give me the look like....who told you the secret....lol. My local Petsmart was always 10 more expensive than petsmart online.

It works too...I have done this....and they never hassle me for it they just give me the look like....who told you the secret....lol. My local Petsmart was always 10 more expensive than petsmart online.

It may have been you that told me.LOL Someone told me this when I first got my 100 gal tank I used it to purchase my python and my API test kit a lot cheaper than they had it for in the store.

LOL....now they don't even put the python online anymore darn it and I was going to buy one...lol. Now I have to order it from Big als because they want $50 at my petsmart ouch!

Back
Top Bottom