what kind of fish do you suggest i can add to my 69g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbundy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello

here is what i have:

69gallon freshwater
fluval 304 filter
plastic plants

2 rosy barbs 1.5-2''
1 red torpedo barb 4-5''
2 blue jack demphseys 2''
1 white molly 2''
1 red rainbow 4-5''
1 boesmani rainbow 3-4''
2 clown loaches 2-3''

i know, i know.... the blue jack demphseys should not be in my community tank but they are not agressive. everyone has been living in harmony for approx a year now. i would like to add a new nice fish compatible with these ones without causing any issues..... any ideas? :lol:

5+ rosy barbs, (more torpedo barbs, if possible)
5+ red rainbows
5+ bosemani rainbows
3+ clowns

wouldnt that be way to many fish for my tank?

I would not recommend adding more fish unless you are more aggressive with your water changes (both in amount and in frequency). Adding more fish will pollute the water faster, and will require more maintainence.

that makes sense! id rather keep on doing my cleanings on a monthly basis than adding more fish. i wouldnt want to change something that is working fine.

I'd still suggest changing more water out at each change if you are going to keep the same schedule. Your fish will thank you for it!

if i wanted to restock my tank but keep my 2 blue jack dempseys which are not agressive like others, what changes would u make?

thanks

I agree with Triazole, you have all schooling fish. You should get more of everything, AFTER you get rid of the demphseys. Clown loaches grow slow so it is OK to have a group in this size tank for a while, its much better than having 2.

Back
Top Bottom