What kind of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whodatrb12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Not even sure if the little pet shop I bought it at had it labeled. It was in a tank with some assorted mollies when I got it. Looks like it could be some sort of swordtail maybe?

Attachments

• image-1537997165.jpg
    image-1537997165.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 62
Not even sure if the little pet shop I bought it at had it labeled. It was in a tank with some assorted mollies when I got it. Looks like it could be some sort of swordtail maybe?

Lyre tail Swordtail probably. Many males are unable to breed as their Gonopodiums are often also extra long and can't be aimed.

People breed Lyretail Females to normal males.

So this is a female I assume? I gotta say that'd be pretty sweet to breed this thing but I doubt id have much success. Been trying to breed a pair of red wag swordtails for a while now

So this is a female I assume? I gotta say that'd be pretty sweet to breed this thing but I doubt id have much success. Been trying to breed a pair of red wag swordtails for a while now

Can't see the belly fin. Maybe female maybe male. There is a lot of info out there about Swordtail breeding. Some fancier varieties are harder and some are done with AI. Swords are less productive than Platies, but they are lovely fish.

Back
Top Bottom