What kind of guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393813901.130484.jpg
He's a male but never seen anything like him. He is very young and still coloring up he first got gold tail now red with blue spot in middle srry for pic quality won't be still

Looks like an endler or maybe a cross. The two are closely related and will breed if left together. Search for endler livebearers on google. Good luck.

They sell hem as lyretail in petsmart and freds. Thanks memory.

Yeah, lyretail guppies aren't terribly rare. But the coloration on the Guppy in the pic is more reminiscent of an endler. I'm going to agree that its likely an endler Guppy hybrid. We would need a better pic to make sure.

Arent endlers more orange? I would say wild type IMO

They have a ton of different colors. The wild type is a possibility but I t is very difficult to find wild type guppies. I tried for 3 months to get my hands on some before giving up.

Well can't come to conclusion yet but thanks for all the help he looks like a wild but not sure about that guess I'll get a better pic and wait for him to finish coloring up

Also think it's either an endler's or lyrtail or some combo

nope, you are all wrong. he is either one of the following three.
1. Wild guppy (i have some)
2. Terribly reverted guppy from years of inbreeding thats reverting to wild type.
3. Wild guppy mated with a small reverted fancy
I only had to take one look. The dot the pink and the redorange on the pendcule gives it away. Tho i have never seen a cadual like that on a wild so i assume he is terribly reverted fancy or a cross between the 2.

Definitely a endler/guppy cross. The black and orange spots are spot on for endlers. I'd guess a standard endler crossed with a yellow cobra guppy.

Back
Top Bottom