What to feed my guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xoTyanna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do I go about feeding them veggies? What's the process and what kinds can I give them?

Are fruits acceptable for them too? Thanks!

guy

Dont go to all that trouble it just screws things up. There are some good flake foods and treats you can give them sold at most pet stores. Aqueon makes a good one as well as tetra. Just a pinch in your hand, grind it up in your fingers and drop crumbs into water. Clean up is in the filter. Also Kens supply has a special brew he sells just for guppies. He use to raise guppies and created this flake food. Problem is a small bag will last you a long time plus freight. So I suggest going to your local pet supply house.

Even best case, guppies can't finish off veggies/fruits all by themselves. Worst case they'll pick at them but otherwise ignore them. Just mix about half spirulina flakes and half normal flakes, this should give your guppies all the veggie content they need without needing to keep fishing rotting fruits/veggies out of the tank.

Even best case, guppies can't finish off veggies/fruits all by themselves. Worst case they'll pick at them but otherwise ignore them. Just mix about half spirulina flakes and half normal flakes, this should give your guppies all the veggie content they need without needing to keep fishing rotting fruits/veggies out of the tank.

Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom