Whats wrong with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyKisses

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have three sick(?) fish. One is a pregnant platy that developed white "lips" the night before last. She is eating fine, and very active. The other two are pretty lethargic. They lay at the bottom a lot. They still eat and swim great. Their body colors are not right. They are very pale compared to what they use to be. They are also pretty skinny compared to what they use to be.

My parameters are not quite right. I am just learning to proper way to care for an aquarium, and getting things in check as we speak. It takes time though.

Ammonia-.25
Nitrates-40ppm
Nitrites.25ppm
Ph-7.6

I have a 29 gallon, with an aqua tech 30-60. I have 6 adult platies, one ACF, one albino bristle nose, and two blue gouramis. Tank has been running for about 3 years. Temp is 80, and I have a large bubble wand. I have a gravel bottom. Last wc was last night at 9pm, and I did about 40%. I use aqua safe declorinator&conditioner, but I have two bottles of prime on the way. I use API master test kit, and it is brand new. I can't think of anything else you may need to know right now.

image-874677337.jpg

image-2863166163.jpg

image-1991994124.jpg

image-2031453377.jpg

I have attached pictures of all three fish.

I also wanted to add that the white "lips" have gotten worse overnight. The only medicines I have are amoxicillin, doxycycline, melafix, and quick cure.

Im not really sure what kind of illness they have. What I think is ick if you see white spots on their body. It causes by stress
For now I would suggest to do the heat treatment first, raise your tank temperature/heater up to 84F for a few days...put in some aquarium salt...and see if they get better

Im not really sure what kind of illness they have. What I think is ick if you see white spots on their body. It causes by stress
For now I would suggest to do the heat treatment first, raise your tank temperature/heater up to 84F for a few days...put in some aquarium salt...and see if they get better

For some reason my heater won't go above 80. It is adjustable, but won't go any higher. It is brand new too! I can return it and buy the larger one, but this one is supposed to be good to 60 gallons. Do you think the higher watt one will heat it too much?

Back
Top Bottom