Where to find prefilter/filter sponges 18"-22" tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Itsnotme1988

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Slowly working on my native riffle tank and having a hard time finding filter sponges for the intake side of my river manifold. Plan is to run 2 JBJ 530gph powerheads and my Aqueon 55-75 (it was free with the tank) through the 3/4" PVC. My intake side is 18" tall and I want to round sponges, preferably 2" in diameter to go over them (1"id, 2"od) This is the closest I have found so far without having to custom cut reefugium pads which would be difficult at that length.

Have found these but would prefer one piece and closed at one end

Prefilter Foam Round, Large - AquaCave.com

11205148_10101406224906147_1217403995682441959_n.jpg

And yes, I plan on building a canopy to properly mount my lights. The one on it now came with it and is a Deepblue T5 NO 56w with a 10k and Actinic Blue bulb which both will be changed out.

A matten filter(one large or 2 separate) would work great and be very beneficial.
Mattenfilter - SWISSTROPICALS
Go through the whole site if you are unfamiliar with it as they have a great line of products.
They are not the cheapest,but are very good quality.

^some cool looking stuff on there, but the prices...ouch.... Looking $40 for two cartridges and they're too big...prefer to go 2" square or round. If all I can find is similar I'll just have to adjust the manifold for the larger pads. The way it sits now is right at 1" from the side glass on the right (intake) side.

Standard sponge filters I'm concerned with being too dense, restrictive, and fragile with that amount of flow (approx 1200-1300gph)which is a also another reason I wanted to stay at 2"diameter, to avoid restriction.

I really like aquaclear 110 sponges and another generic(for reefs) I find at my LFS.
I use sponges like mad!
They are my bio in all 1,000g!

Back
Top Bottom