Which fishfood is best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm sure this topic has come up before, but I couldn't seem to find anything when I searched for it....so which is the best staple food source? I'm looking at Omega One Freshwater flakes, Omega One Super Color Flakes, and New Life Spectrum small fish pellets.

LOL...NewLife Spectrum has finally made it's way to us here in the states (on-line though, still not available at LFS). I plan on checking it out.

Prior to that, the ones you mentioned are great. Hikari is also another good one.

So, New Life Spectrum is the way to go? BTW, how much of a difference should I see in coloration and growth as compared a more standard fish food?

I ordered some NLS a few days ago from Big Al's online, have not received it yet. I haven't found it in any stores. :|

I have been using NLS for a couple of years now and feed the cichlid, small fish and growth formulas daily for all of my tanks. I will augment that with frozen food (i.e. daphnia, brine shrimp, bloodworms) three times a week. While my LFS stocks some of the NLS formulas, mainly for marine fish, I have to buy some of them via mailorder. They can be expensive but are worth it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom