Which plecos are interesting and small

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clowns, Bristle Nose, Pitbull or Rubber Lip will all do fine. Rubber Lips, aka, rubber face, rubber nose.

what do clown and pitbull plecos look like? I really love bristlenose but rubberlip ones are kinda ugly. The only plecos I can ever find are common and royal. If anybody has small plecos, I'll buy one or something.

lol georgia. i wouldnt risk one of my plecos dyin in a truck. even theough theres change it might live but still. ill try and get a pic tonight

Here's my little pitbull when I first got him:

pitbull_pleco.jpg

(There's a bigger version of this picture in my gallery.)

I have two clowns in my 55 and they're beautiful but they hide all the time. The little pitbull is always out in the open.

Its so cute!!!!! awww........All I ever see at the petstore are common plecos.Once I saw a rubberlip and a HUGE royal. Where did you guys get yours?

There's a store here in Denver that sells clowns, brush nose and a couple other varieties, including a local breeder hybrid, high-fin version of the brush nose. Mine is absolutely adorable.

--Aquabear

pitbulls plecos rock...i'm planning on getting one for me next tank. i have a common plec right now, bit it is TOO BIG. i'll have to see what kind of availability my local shops have with the pitbull, but it definitely gets my vote.

plecos rarely breed imo. bristlenose are easiest imo. because you can tell the gender differences. i think 2 people on here bred albino bristlenose. but i think ones brianNY or NYbrian or something like that. i think the other one might be tank girl but i dont know. wait maybe menagerie. im pretty sure brian has em but the other 2 are just wild guesses.

2 of the 3 stores have bristlenose plecos around here. one has hong kong plecos/hillstream loaches, 1 has rubberlipped pleco, 1 has clown plecos, and one has whiptail plecos. and all of them have commons :). i wont risk shipping them because i dont have enough exp with shipping fish and #2 i just dont trust the shipping companies to do a good job. maybe if your taking a vacation somewhere youll find one of us :)

cheezysquirrelz said:
Its so cute!!!!! awww........All I ever see at the petstore are common plecos.Once I saw a rubberlip and a HUGE royal. Where did you guys get yours?

We have two really great fish stores in town that usually have a great selection of unusual plecos. One of them even had a couple of the rare zebra plecos recently (for $150 each!).

Back
Top Bottom