White worms in the breeder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ezimmer1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
I woke up this morning and I found two of my fish in the breeder. One of them must have jumped in there. Lol. I always keep my Preggo in there overnight because I dont want her to have fry in the tank. I have 4 platies, and a dwarf gourami in my ten gal. Anyways, I woke up and I found tiny white wormish things crawling ALL OVER my breeder box! I took my fish out right away. I need to know if these are good or bad... Will they harm my fish? What causes them?

Also, I have snails and they crawl along the breeder alot. I've heard they reproduce...? Could they be newly born snail babies? There's alot.

It's most likely planaria. It's caused by overfeeding, generally. It's harmless to the fish.

How much do you feed? What do you feed? And how often?

What is your tank maintenance schedule?

I see you lookin. Answer this.

By the way, that is not going to get you a whole lotta responses. Kind of rude, don't you think?

I have had this before i think. are they squiggly, and look like string moving? this sales associate whom i wasnt fond of told me to use a copper based product, which killed my snail and some other fish.

No. I don't think it rude. I needed an answer, so I was trying to get one.

Back
Top Bottom