Why do I never see this fish? Is it getting enough food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannepink

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Even when the lights are off it doesnt move. Is it ok?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391975700159.jpg
    1391975700159.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 1391975727099.jpg
    1391975727099.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 1391975749499.jpg
    1391975749499.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 92
Pleco's are tanks without a reverse gear. I've had to rescue mine from sponge filter tubes a few times. They want what's at the bottom but cannot back out..

Hes behind the filter,hes only recently moved to here because I moved all the decor out to clean. He has been moving up and dwn from there as iv seen the tail at the bottom a couple of times. My clown loach normally hides here too she always gets out and think they are more or less same size. What kind is he? Is he a shy breed?

Hes behind the filter,hes only recently moved to here because I moved all the decor out to clean. He has been moving up and dwn from there as iv seen the tail at the bottom a couple of times. My clown loach normally hides here too she always gets out and think they are more or less same size. What kind is he? Is he a shy breed?

First, what size is your tank can you upload a pic of your entire tank?

Yep:)

Attachments

• 1391983097811.jpg
    1391983097811.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 82
Hes on the right side at the back behind the filter. Im not sure of the size its called a fluval 200 if that helps,sorry

Hes on the right side at the back behind the filter. Im not sure of the size its called a fluval 200 if that helps,sorry

You can try and nudge him a bit to coax him to move if you'd like. I think he is there because your tank lights seem really bright and maybe he likes it a bit darker. He is a common pleco BTW and gets huge

No the jellyfish isnt real lol its an old pic, iv put wood in there now but still doesnt move, it normally lies behind the rocks I have, a good few times iv peered in and thought it was dead, went in with my net to move it, and its freaked out moved. My lights are only on from about 1:30 til 9pm but even when lights are out iv never seen it out. Iv been told to just shut up about it, its normal etc but im not sure,im going to move that filter incase its stuck tho but just wondered if anyone here had any experience with this and if he will eventually come out. Im not bothered if he doesnt just aslong as hes ok:)

No the jellyfish isnt real lol its an old pic, iv put wood in there now but still doesnt move, it normally lies behind the rocks I have, a good few times iv peered in and thought it was dead, went in with my net to move it, and its freaked out moved. My lights are only on from about 1:30 til 9pm but even when lights are out iv never seen it out. Iv been told to just shut up about it, its normal etc but im not sure,im going to move that filter incase its stuck tho but just wondered if anyone here had any experience with this and if he will eventually come out. Im not bothered if he doesnt just aslong as hes ok:)

Try and Blanche some zuchini or cucumber and put it in there and see if he wants to eat it

Iv tried that, the rest are always munchin on cucumber. So do u not think its just the way this one is then? I have a plec in my other tank, shes always out eventhough theres loads of hiding places

Back
Top Bottom