Why is this hobby so addicting???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree fully, very addicting. I took my wife to a store and showed her a room dividing tank that is going to be in our future. Surprisingly she was all for it.

For now though the 55 is running superb.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Neat pics! How do you let the tank do its own thing? Do you take the plants out to vacuum? Or fertilize? I'm sort of just starting with live plants and I'd love for them to kind of get wild.

I don't take them out to vacum but there are some spots where I go around the plants. (I have sand so I have to kinda swirl above to get the crap to float up) that said because of the shrimp in there now (red cherry) I use a turkey baster to "spot clean" and to get under/around plants. It takes longer but with the shrimp I have to be super careful. I put root tabs under the plants that are heavy root feeders- sword and dwarf sag and then every week or two I use a liquid fert. (I use the seachem line. Flourish and sometimes flourish excel)

The big thing with wild is I don't really trim anything to make it pretty- I just let it grow wherever it does. I have 5 clumps of moss and another huge plant order on the way so next week I probably will move stuff around and have a little bit of order to it.

Stem plants like water wisteria and anacharis are both great for that look. :) you can float them and they grow all over. The majority of that tank is the big sword then anacharis floating and dwarf sag on the bottom. Hornwort grows like crazy but can drop needles and gets kinda messy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom