Will Angels Be Ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am wondering if an angelfish or two will be alright in a 40 gallon hex aquarium with guppies,platys,and mollies???

And to anyone who has read my previous threads if this is ok i will not be getting an angel until my tank is completely safe for fish.

A pair would be great in that tank! BUT, IMO, if you want your livebearers to breed and have babies, angels will eliminate the fry, and vice versa if you want your angels to breed.
I have heard of problems between mollies and angels, not sure why but sometimes mollies nip at their fins I guess. Must be a behavioral issue of some sort.

yayyyyyy!!!!! this is great because i really love angelfish!!! thanks.......and about breeding i have a breeder net for my guppies and others and a smaller tank for fry and cant i rescue angelfish eggs or do they need parents to take care of them?

also what kind of angel do you suggest with a tank that has
9 guppies
3 platys
1 molly
3 otocinclus?

My tank is in a in-fish cycle to so all my fish might not survive....:(

Any of the commonly-available angels (P. scalare) would be great in that tank. Wait for the fish-in cycle to finish and all your levels to stabalize, then you could add a pair of angels. And yes the parents will have to take care of them for a little bit.

Any of the commonly-available angels (P. scalare) would be great in that tank. Wait for the fish-in cycle to finish and all your levels to stabalize, then you could add a pair of angels. And yes the parents will have to take care of them for a little bit.

Ok cool....i wont be adding any fish until the cycle completes just wanted to know beforehand....and oh i probably wont be able to save them then

Back
Top Bottom