Will These Fish Get ALong Together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if it were me, i'd probably end up selling our car or something to get it a bigger tank. lol. my husband would *love* that. :biglol:

HAHA! You know you are addicted to this hobby when you want to sell your car for more stuff lol. I have to stop myself every time I go to the store because I always want to buy something else for the tank. Even when I don't have the money lol

The store is kinda far in downtown so i might get a chance soon. maybe in a week or two when i get a pairof angels

I really hope your not going to capital...they're selection is unmatched but the quality and care of their fish is completely unacceptable by my standards! Ill give you a better place if you wan, just pm me.

so you decided to go with angels after all? let us know how it works out for you. i'd like to get a pair of angels for our 27gal hex tank when we finally get it set up. have you figured out what else you are going to put in with them? or are you putting them in a tank alone like you had mentioned you were thinking of? i'd be interested to know what your angels will get along with/don't get along with.

I am going to capital. I'm going tomorrow after group therapy. My heater broke. Two heaters actually. DO I really need one? I mean my tank is about 83 degrees and I don't even have one in there.

I havent decided really. I have one angel now and 3 corries-lepaords(told to do this by people at pet stores, one i know personally.)i know i want to eventually get a discus. Those are cool fish. I don't knwo how big they get is the issue.

you may want to start to do some research on your own, people at pet stores don't always know what they are talking about. most of the time they just want to make a sale. did you get that test kit yet? you may want to check on your water params before adding any more fish. i'm pretty sure discus are very tricky fish and need pristine water conditions. they also get fairly large.

how are your fish doing so far? wouldn't mind seeing some PICS! :D

edit: and as far as the heater, as long as the temp isn't fluctuating rapidly or large amounts, you should be ok. 83 sounds a little high IMO unless you're cycling (which i believe you are?). if the ambient temperature doesn't drop below 75, i think you should be ok.

I havent done research on the discus yet, but iI do know what you already mentioned

They are doing quite well and seem pretty happy. My angelfish is hiding and is just chilllin either in a corner or behind the plants. His diet will most likely be bloodworms for a while

I wasn't planning on getting more fish for atleast two more weeks, assuming mine survive. I was told to do 25-30 PWCs every week for the first month and they should be ok. Then ill get more angelfish. I'll probably get another heater, but a different rband for sure. Probably marine land. I bought one of thier powerheads and it seems to be doing just fine. sucks up alot of the blood worms with ics annoying but oh well.

3 cory cats and a gold veil angelfish.only 2 in the pic but there is a third.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 45
ooooh pretty angel. depending on your water params you may want to be doing PWCs a bit more often. if ammonia is above .25 it's toxic to fish, so just keep an eye on it. you do have a test kit, right?

No. My local Petsmart does free water testing. I had an arguement kinda with my mom about getting it since its 32 dollars and petsmart does it for free. she said she would take me again like tomarrow, but i think ill buty it so we save on gas and time

I was told not to do too drastic of a water change becasue it would be a big shock for the fish. how often if so?

well since you're still cycling and you've got fish in there now, you should probably be doing about 30% PWCs daily. Does Petsmart use strips or a liquid test kit? strips are *horribly* inaccurate, and since you should be testing your water daily during the cycle, you should really get your own kit. if your mom wants your fish to survive and not be a waste of money (on dead fish) then tell her you NEED the test kit

EDIT: daily water changes will be MUCH less stressful than high ammonia and nitrite which will poison them and burn their gills

Lookin' good Desacrator. If you do end up getting the test kit, IMO it will be the single most important investment you make in your aquarium. Keep up the water changes, the research, and the good work.

Lookin' good Desacrator. If you do end up getting the test kit, IMO it will be the single most important investment you make in your aquarium. Keep up the water changes, the research, and the good work.

+1, agreed

Back
Top Bottom