Will they keep growing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silverdollar101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi im new to this fourm i had another one but no onw would ever respond/// well my question is i have two bala sharks and some silver dollar fish in a fifty five gallon aquarium, ive had them for a while the bala's are about 3-4 inches and tghe silverdollar are about3 inches i was wondering why has there growth slowed or almost stopped or what would it take to help them continue growing. All your help will be appreaciated.

I am not sure but you can start by listing what you feed them and maybe that can help someone know what to tell you

first of all . .. .AA shakes u warm by the hand^^. . .

as we all know, growth graph shows a curve. . . the older, the slower they grow. . .adding to it, fish and waterplants usually grow by following their living space. .. so, the larger ur tank, the faster they'll grow, and the other way round. . .i also keep 8 silver dollars[4"] and a couple of balas[4.5"] in a 55gal. . .they've seemed to grow slower and slower. ..i'm gonna give away some of my silverdollars away soon...[indeed overcrowded]

anyhow. . .one way to solve this probs is to move them to another tank if u want faster growth. . ..besides, the balas will need larger space to swim around. ..as for ur silver dollars[i think the approx size is 6"], 55gal is sufficient i guess. . .

as for the food.. . .i dont think it would matter too much IME .. .i had given them beefheart plus growth enchancing pellets for a month a couple of months ago and didnt seem to affect their growth either. . .

Thank you for your help and for mom2reds i feed them tropical fish flakes and one tubeifex worms cube a day i feed them the tropical flakes two times a day.

Back
Top Bottom