would i be able to put a pair of rams in a 29 gallon bowfront?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am considering my options, and was curious if a 29 gallon bow front would have enough swimming room. Thank you

K thankyou. :) my mom told me to go look at tanks at petsmart... Idk why... she says I can probly get one for my birthday this year!

maxwellag said:
K thankyou. :) my mom told me to go look at tanks at petsmart... Idk why... she says I can probly get one for my birthday this year!

There are none at petsmart. You gotta go to a lfs.

Mine doesnt but i go to fish unlimited, beautiful quality fish... If you have a mom n pop fish store... Or a local fish place no branching store... Lol

Oh man, I totally misread that. I thought you were getting rams for your birthday. But Petsmart has some nice tanks, sorry lol!

George9 said:
Oh man, I totally misread that. I thought you were getting rams for your birthday. But Petsmart has some nice tanks, sorry lol!

Ahh! I did too! I thought you meant they didn't have rams! Woops!

George9 said:
Does your Petsmart sell rams? Mine doesn't. Nor does PETCO by me.

No mine doesn't but I know of an lfs I love that does. :)

Id still rather not get fish from petsmart or other chains because almost every fish I got there died with no hint of disease. I think there is alot of disease in their tanks...

I get mine from Aquarium Adventure, it's a small chain of like 4 stores. My PETCO is gross. They had yellow labs once and they were all deformed and weird shaped.

My petsmart has nice looking rams and tanks. The rams have only been there a couple of weeks. They have kribs, labs, and alot more. All decent looking, surprisingly.

Were they decent looking?

At that particular store, yes, I was tempted to buy a pair since they were large enough to sex. I stopped though since rams suck and I don't want to dump any more money into fish that randomly die.

However at another Petsmart that I happened to go to the same day (in a nearby town), they had dead/dying fish in most tanks.

jetajockey said:
At that particular store, yes, I was tempted to buy a pair since they were large enough to sex. I stopped though since rams suck and I don't want to dump any more money into fish that randomly die.

However at another Petsmart that I happened to go to the same day (in a nearby town), they had dead/dying fish in most tanks.

Could the issue be that the first one you went to was cycled (their whole system) but the second was not?

Back
Top Bottom