WOW look at this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Steven, the fish in the picture is the red-tailed catfish. I love them, but they're quite expensive and rare. Seen one for sale, 3 foot something like $600 and a baby 2 inch $50. They grow to 5 feet, never seen one in the wild :)

Unfortunately, in my area, the redtail catfish are pretty common. They are a bit pricey but not over the top. I thinks it's sad that these beautiful fish are sold. :(

I think it is bad that they are sold but they are lovely to look at my cousen currently has one in his 6 foot tank. The tank is very big and the cat is small atm. He loves it to bits but has said that he will be selling it when he thinks it is to large or starts grow at a fast rate.

Common like anything here, too....and the rather low price tag on 2"-3" fish ($20-$40 each) has far too many people buying them that could never come close to housing a small adult.

Attachments

• 378136_346564043635072355_vl.jpeg
    378136_346564043635072355_vl.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 53
I was at my LFS the other day and they had a tank full of little babies 2-3" selling for $69 a piece. The clerk was telling my how popular they were, even at that price. I was shocked when they didn't ask un-assuming customers their tank sizes. They also had a 3 footer in there massive display tank up front. I asked what they feed him and the clerk said full grown oscars!! Wow....

On another note...they also had a juvenile Arapaima Gigas!! Largest freshie on the planet. Selling price - $250...can you imagine the guy who puts this in his 29 gal? Oh well...nothing I can do.

I just checked out the one you mentioned and wow lol 8O

I dont know about nothing.. If I see something like that in my LFS's Im very vocal!!! I will complain to management and owners.. but I guess Im different like that.. My LFS isnt that silly.. Im glad. :p

My area doesn't have a lot of fish stores, but I've seen these in town, surprisingly enough. The one I saw most recently was about 4" and $29 -- a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom