Yet Another Stocking Question - 35g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captaincritical

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello again! I'm back with yet another question about stocking options for my 35g long. :whistle:

So far, this is what I have:
5 Blushing Tetras (variation on a white skirt)
5 Bleeding Heart Tetras
6 Diamond Tetras
1 Bristlenose Pleco

I've had free reign over this tank from the beginning, but recently my other half has started showing an interest in it as well. A few times now, he's mentioned that he really likes black angelfish. I'm now wanting to include one in the tank for him if that's possible with my current inhabitants.

Basically I'm wondering if an angelfish would do well in my community tank with my various tetras. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you!

DO IT!!!!!! I'll tatoo it to the back of your hand!! With a crayola marker of course...from what Andy sagar says if you're going to get an angel make sure it's atleast the size of a us half dollar or maybe a Canadian looney??? About 1 1/4 inch or ... Crap... 8-9 cm???

Last edited:
Pretty sure the angels at my pet store are toonie-sized. Not babies, not adults. Sammy has a thing for big fish so if anything, I'll have to stop him from picking something huge.

Your Canada-speak is most amusing. Perhaps I shall post everything in metric units from now on, with Celcius temperatures and a handy French translation to follow!

Do you think the angel would leave me fully stocked, or could I add a small group of harlequins to finish everything off?

Pretty sure the angels at my pet store are toonie-sized. Not babies, not adults. Sammy has a thing for big fish so if anything, I'll have to stop him from picking something huge. Your Canada-speak is most amusing. Perhaps I shall post everything in metric units from now on, with Celcius temperatures and a handy French translation to follow! Do you think the angel would leave me fully stocked, or could I add a small group of harlequins to finish everything off?
ive been once!!! Just sell him on the growing it out part! He'll dig it.. I refuse to buy anything but juvenile fish.. Bit seriously.. Stick with the Americanized posting ;) I'm easily confused.. I think you could potentially add something else but it would need to be based off you water tests and what areas of you tank have plenty if space for occupation..

Just a suggestion but I'd recommend increasing the numbers on your schools or cutting out one and going with two big schools. 10-12 of two different types would look fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom