Your dream tank! Tell the world!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhNeil1969

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I was a small boy I had he privilege of living in Jamaica for a few years. My uncle, who lived in Kingston, had a koi pond in his front yard and 2 125 gallon tanks built into the back wall of his house. Ever since then I've been inspired to do something great when it comes to fish. My dream "tank" will be a indoor/outdoor tank that has a built in waterfall. Part of the tank will be inside with a door that can be opened and closed allowing the fish to go outside when it's warm enough. I'm sure given enough time we can all think of something really exotic for our fish. I'd love to hear about your dream tank!!! Share your vision with the world. You may even inspire someone to build it!

I have always had the dream to build a tank that is also a coffee table I think that it would be a great center piece for any room and a conversation piece on top of that I have done some research on how I should go about building it but I'm not sure how achievable it is to be able to filter and have access to the tank still. Someday I wanna build a home and I have been working on some drawings (I am studying to be a drafter and currently working as one) and think it would be really cool to design a tank into the house so that it is built in with everything but that is just a resent thought and haven't got any were with it. I still dream of the coffee table so if any one has any ideas about what would work good I'm all ears.

I have always had the dream to build a tank that is also a coffee table I think that it would be a great center piece for any room and a conversation piece on top of that I have done some research on how I should go about building it but I'm not sure how achievable it is to be able to filter and have access to the tank still. Someday I wanna build a home and I have been working on some drawings (I am studying to be a drafter and currently working as one) and think it would be really cool to design a tank into the house so that it is built in with everything but that is just a resent thought and haven't got any were with it. I still dream of the coffee table so if any one has any ideas about what would work good I'm all ears.

I would worry more about the fact that it is foot level and could easily be broken.

Lawngnome said:
I would worry more about the fact that it is foot level and could easily be broken.

Well I have thought of that and figured that if I was to double pain it and use plexiglass for the outside piece that that would help out a bunch with the feet factor.

Check out www.glasscages.com they have you coffee tables and end tables. A dream come true.
http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=54

Back
Top Bottom