zoo med ocean sun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nimbus46

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am the proud owner of a zoo med ocean view 24" bulb that will not light up. It flashes real pretty but that is it. I noticed a little note attached saying to leave the bulb on for about 5 minutes and it should turn on. ONE HOUR later, it still makes pretty flashes. I have 20 watt ballast with a starter. Am I doomed to not have the light bulb I want or can anyone help with a suggestion. I forgot to mention I returned the bulb for another one it too does the same thing.

Can anyone recommend a good light for a 100 gal fw that is 24" T8.

Thanks

Went to my lfs expert and come to find out zoo med bulbs require an electronic ballast and that zoo med products are 5 yrs advanced on the bulb market, seems us poor souls are just trying to catch up.

Had the same experience, old magnetic ballasts with starters. Fortunately or unfortunately the starter burnt out and was not worth replacing (hard wired into fixture) so I went to Lowes and bought electronic ballast rewired fixture and could not be happier. Just a thought.

I appreciate it, I've bought over 5 different bulbs now and I still keep going back to the one I can't have....looks like I'll be doing your trick.

Back
Top Bottom