For Sale: Emperor or Giant Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zparticle

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I knew this day would come, and I'm sad to do it, I have two Emperor cichlids that I need to re-home. They are too big for the tank I have them in and unfortunately I won't be getting another tank for some time. They are the same age, I've raised them from about 1.5" and they are now both 11-12". I got them in early 2012 so they are about 1 year old.

They will eat pretty much anything but they love large cichlid sticks and frozen food. They need to be in a tank of at least 400g, for now, they will outgrow that size eventually.

I won't ship them so you will have to be in the Denver, Colorado area. I'm less worried about the price than I am about getting them into a good home, make me an offer.

Scientific Name: Boulengerochromis microlepis
Pronunciation: b-lng-gr--kr-ms m-k-lp-s
Common Name(s): Emperor or Giant Cichlid
Habitat: Sand
Diet: Carnivore
Gender Differences: Monomorphic
Temperament: Mildly Aggressive
Conspecific Temperament: Aggressive
Maximum Size: 36"
Temperature: 77 - 79°F
pH: 8.6
Water Hardness: Very Hard
Difficulty: 2
3Ed3K83H25F35Ha5Mad1jabdb712630a01f2d.jpg

Couldn't find the right supplies to ship these and feel that they would make it there alive. Then another local person with a 450g custom tank came and got them. So happy they are going to a good home. :) :)

Back
Top Bottom