For Sale: Loaded, 180g, Established Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flreefer

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have found myself having to sell my 8 year old reef tank, the actual tank and lights are only 3 years old, and only been setup for 2+, after last upgrade.
The tank is a Marineland 180g. 6x2x2, with black stand and glass tops.
Eshopps sump and an Eshopps refugium, tied together, totaling 5x1x1 1/2tall. 2 seperate returns, Quiet One 4000's, pushing approx. 1500gph at head height.
2 T5 lighting fixtures, totaling 780w. One Outer Orbit 12 bulb fixture, one Aquatic Life programmable 8 bulb fixture with moonlights. Both fixtures are 6' long. All bulbs are still good, new Actinics, whites are ready to change by Christmas.
2 Corallife Digital Timers
Stand is wired with a skimmer switch, and a reactor switch. Also has a Halogen utility strip mounted underneath, for light when working under the tank.
Corallife 125 skimmer
4 older Italian-made Maxi-jets (1200, 900, 2-600's), and 2-1year old Cobalt Aquatics 1200's with magnet holders. Setup on a Wavemaker timer.
Tank is full of corals, full mix...too many to list completely
Some are the largest I've ever seen, in 8+ years in this hobby (Wall Hammer, Pagoda Cup, Torch, dinner-plate sized Red Monti, 2-12"+ Toadstool Leathers). Plus some higher end frags (Sunset Montipora, 2 types of Chalice, Meteor Shower, nice sized Acropora valida, 10 shroom colony of orange metallic mushrooms) There is much more in this tank, but like I said...too much to list everything.
Fish are a Kole Tang 5", Yellow Tang 5", Copperband Butterfly 4 1/2', and a misbar Gold-Band Maroon clown. All fish have been together for 2 years, and are nice and healthy.
Inverts are a purple reef lobster 5", coral banded shrimp 4" body, dinner-plate sized Sebae I've had for 6-7 years, and a peppermint shrimp 1".
Approx. 120# of purchased live-rock, no base rock, covered in coralline and sponges. Substrate is crushed coral, always maintained well, and never any issues.
Many other peripheral equipment like tongs, nets, old canister filters, etc.
Remaining amounts of salt, 2-part BRS supplement, new bottle of Pycopure live phytoplankton, Red Sea Pro Alk, Ca, Mag test kit, plus frozen foods.
Everything is in good working order, lights are salt damage free and clean.
Everything retail would be approx. $10,000, asking for $2,000 and will entertain reasonable offers, as this is a forced situation. Need to sell, to start over again at 40, after divorce.
I am located in Northport FL, 30 minutes from both Sarasota and Ft. Myers. I have containers for all livestock to be moved, and will help with tearing down and moving out.
Some pics can be seen in my AA profile, if asked I can send a photo to you through my phone. I'm now on a computer because the phone wouldn't cooperate with this posting, thanks for looking...
Toby Goyette (Flreefer)

I need to try to sell it all together first. Depending how that goes, I will probably try to sell off the livestock. I will have to see what shipping will run, cost wise. I will look into it though, I'll let you know.

Dude i was hoping you didnt need to sell it anymore :( if you decide to sell some corals though, i would like to buy one! Good luck :)

Flreefer said:
I need to try to sell it all together first. Depending how that goes, I will probably try to sell off the livestock. I will have to see what shipping will run, cost wise. I will look into it though, I'll let you know.

I see so many things I would buy but I can not travel to you since you're in Florida. I would be able to pay shipping if you wanted?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dude i was hoping you didnt need to sell it anymore :( if you decide to sell some corals though, i would like to buy one! Good luck :)

I got first pick Nu-Nu! Ahmm if he wanted to separate..

I'll see how much it costs, just so I know. If I end up parting out, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the interest.

Had someone that was supposed to come by on Sunday to look at it, sounded promising. Responded to my CL ad. Already had a 180, wanted another... Never heard back from him...
I'll try to find out tomorrow, what overnighting will cost.

Flreefer said:
Had someone that was supposed to come by on Sunday to look at it, sounded promising. Responded to my CL ad. Already had a 180, wanted another... Never heard back from him...
I'll try to find out tomorrow, what overnighting will cost.

Well overnight is usually 40 or so...but it's your tank and your stuff. I promise ill get over the heart break!

Saltwater reef said:
Well overnight is usually 40 or so...but it's your tank and your stuff. I promise ill get over the heart break!

I hope I do, selling it...it's been basically my only hobby for a long time..
I'm going to give it about 2 weeks, if nothing by then, I'll start selling stuff off. I'll PM you first.

Flreefer said:
I hope I do, selling it...it's been basically my only hobby for a long time..
I'm going to give it about 2 weeks, if nothing by then, I'll start selling stuff off. I'll PM you first.

If it does come to that(by the way sorry that you had to sell that is an incredible tank) I could pay for shipping? Good luck man...

Thanks Salt, appreciate it. I'll have to see how it goes. Really want to sell the whole thing, as I need the cash to rent a place, but I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again, Toby

Tank is still available, anyone in SW Florida want a beautiful tank, for a steal of a deal!!

Saltwater reef said:
Any details yet?

Well, had a friend offer me $1500, but he's low-ballin' me. And had a buddy who runs a LFS, say he'd buy the livestock and rock, at his wholesale prices, :-(. Had another LFS, say they would take the whole thing , for later store credit, so I could get back in...do-able, and had a couple people e-mail me about it, but not follow through to come look at it. Did have a couple come by, and but a few small corals, that I have duplicates of, but beyond that....still trying to decide.
What would you be interested in Saltwater? Some stuff, I'm worried about shipping because of fragility,(ie. the really big Red Monti cap..I'd be worried about being busted up, but I've got some smaller Red and Green pieces), and Pagoda ( its got to weigh 7 pounds without the rock), but other stuff, I'd be happy to kick to you, as I'm sure it won't effect the overall deal. I'm already losing my a$$.
Lavender mushrooms, green Rhodactis shrooms, green zoos, red zoos, pink chalice, sun coral, sunset Monti frag, Hollywood Stunner chalice frag, Peach Digitata frags, orange metallic mushrooms( sure I could bust a few off the main rock), Leather frags ( got some nice sized Toadstool frags 4" tall).
The Hydnophora is all but dead, I could probably frag a couple pieces off of it that are still good, but overall, it's 90% gone. The Hammer and Torch have been receding for awhile, they still have polyp extension, but aren't doing well for some reason. I'm thinking soft and hard chemical warfare.
Let me know, and maybe I can hook you up with some stuff for cheap, as it really isn't going to effect my fate in this. Flreefer,...Toby

Flreefer said:
Well, had a friend offer me $1500, but he's low-ballin' me. And had a buddy who runs a LFS, say he'd buy the livestock and rock, at his wholesale prices, :-(. Had another LFS, say they would take the whole thing , for later store credit, so I could get back in...do-able, and had a couple people e-mail me about it, but not follow through to come look at it. Did have a couple come by, and but a few small corals, that I have duplicates of, but beyond that....still trying to decide.
What would you be interested in Saltwater? Some stuff, I'm worried about shipping because of fragility,(ie. the really big Red Monti cap..I'd be worried about being busted up, but I've got some smaller Red and Green pieces), and Pagoda ( its got to weigh 7 pounds without the rock), but other stuff, I'd be happy to kick to you, as I'm sure it won't effect the overall deal. I'm already losing my a$$.
Lavender mushrooms, green Rhodactis shrooms, green zoos, red zoos, pink chalice, sun coral, sunset Monti frag, Hollywood Stunner chalice frag, Peach Digitata frags, orange metallic mushrooms( sure I could bust a few off the main rock), Leather frags ( got some nice sized Toadstool frags 4" tall).
The Hydnophora is all but dead, I could probably frag a couple pieces off of it that are still good, but overall, it's 90% gone. The Hammer and Torch have been receding for awhile, they still have polyp extension, but aren't doing well for some reason. I'm thinking soft and hard chemical warfare.
Let me know, and maybe I can hook you up with some stuff for cheap, as it really isn't going to effect my fate in this. Flreefer,...Toby

Hey man I'm still really interested! Sorry about the tank and the low offers...really I am but before I ask how would we handle the shipping and the payment? Let me know.

Derrick

Back
Top Bottom