Baby ghost shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LtGhost08

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So on sunday i bought a dozen ghost shrimp for my baby gsp to use as feeders. Some of the females had eggs on them. To keep poof (my gsp thank my sister for the name) from eating 12 shrimps at once i put them all in a spare 10 gallon with about 6 gallons of water. So i went to change the water today since it got kinda dirty and i had baby shrimps! Now i have a big problem! Idk what to feed them or how im going to clean the tank with them in there cuz i will vacuum them up! What should i do?

Also to add to this i literally have nothing in the tank except the shrimp n water should i put a small filter on there to keep it clean? Even if its one of those penn plax sponge and carbon filters you hook up to a air line. I dont wanna lose these little guys. My puffer will think theyre om nom nom!

People use rinsed new knee high nylons to cover the intake. I used cut your own filter media wrapped around it then added the nylon worked good for my guppy fry. Didn't end up with any Ghost shrimp babies after the process.

Tends to build up gunk and needs to be cleaned, rinsed in treated/tank water. Shut off filter then clean and replace. Also used the nylon over the sponge, mine was a coarse sponge and I worried for the babies.

Hikari has First Bites, it is like a powder, but I bet they eat microfilm, I would add moss and some plants for them to eat off of. Maybe a sinking bottom feeder tab chunk when they get a little bigger. This part opinion not experience.:blink:

Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom