Baby Shrimp!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarviek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I started my RCS only tank 3 weeks ago, and as I was cleaning the glass today, I saw a speck of dust jump out of the way. To my surprise, I looked closer and saw the eyes, and the red.

I am sure you guys have been through this before, but for a first timer, was it every cool!

Jarviek said:
I started my RCS only tank 3 weeks ago, and as I was cleaning the glass today, I saw a speck of dust jump out of the way. To my surprise, I looked closer and saw the eyes, and the red.

I am sure you guys have been through this before, but for a first timer, was it every cool!

I was SOOOO excited when I saw my first Shrimplet !!! Happy for you.

Thanks for the congrats. I can hardly wait until after work tomorrow, when I search for more.

Nice congrats! Good luck trying to find them all they are tiny aren't they?

Nice!! I remember the first time I spotted a baby RCS lol I was so happy and excited. Get ready to see many many more!! :D

I remember how excited I was when I saw my first live bearer fry. That only lasted a few month until I had hundreds.

I hope I have planned the population explosion better this time!

Congrats :) I can't wait to get more shrimp and create a sustainable population.

I thought I would follow up my "excited" thread with another comment.

In my 6g that started with 8 RCS, I now can easily count 100 baby shrimp in different stages of growing out. The 4 females from the original 8 are still berried.

I am happy that I have a couple other tanks that I believe I can use to keep this exponential growth under control.

Jarviek said:
I thought I would follow up my "excited" thread with another comment.

In my 6g that started with 8 RCS, I now can easily count 100 baby shrimp in different stages of growing out. The 4 females from the original 8 are still berried.

I am happy that I have a couple other tanks that I believe I can use to keep this exponential growth under control.

Bravo! That's awesome!!

I'd sell some if I were you.

But you must be doing something right, so share with us!!

You might even introduce a micro predator who would control some population, if that's what you want.

I tried selling fish for a bit, and found it wasn't worth the hassle.

I think I will just give away to neighbors, and use as feeder. If I ever advance to CRS, then selling would be worth it.

I just moved 5 into my other planned tank. I will try to catch another dozen, or so, and see how they survive there.

Jarviek said:
I tried selling fish for a bit, and found it wasn't worth the hassle.

I think I will just give away to neighbors, and use as feeder. If I ever advance to CRS, then selling would be worth it.

I just moved 5 into my other planned tank. I will try to catch another dozen, or so, and see how they survive there.

People, if your shrimp are decent grades, will pay about 1.00 per shrimp + shipping. I find that is decent money and is kind of a hobby in and of itself. But free food is nice too lol!

Back
Top Bottom