blue crawfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueCrawDaddy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I saw a blue crawfish and decided I have to have one since it wouldnt go in any tanks we have running I had to give in and let my wife start up another tank so I could get one. She found me a pair and then told me I had to take care of the tank.
With help from a guy she has been asking about them I think I got this. So far she has setup the tank and told me how to cycle it and it should be cycled already. I added black diamond blasting sand today that I cleaned myself . My two blues should be here tomorrow or saturday . We have to get a stone for bubbles and try to fix the lights . Im told we are getting snails when we go to town.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130328_203329.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130328_203329.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 146
Here is the tank the blues ar supposed to be moving to once the cichlids grow a inch or so ..

ForumRunner_20130328_234415.jpg

ForumRunner_20130328_234422.jpg

As you can see from the second pic its got lots of dinner choices for the blues which is why they are temp. gonna be leasing a different apartment.. lol

I think 1 is molting.. does it start out looking like dust or fuzz kinda on it? then the other 1 snapped 1 of the antennas off the snail n went back to its hut.. i bought 5 snails n the only 1 that has came out is the 1 i stuck with the blues .. poor little thing .. they both tore up the repashy i fed them . I love them n so does Jamie

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130329_225704.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130329_225704.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 108
  • ForumRunner_20130329_225723.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130329_225723.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 107
The one did molt we left and went to town it was still looking like it was covered in dust. Came home and the shell was on the sand. This morning woke up and it ate the shell . One down one to go .

Thats wht i thought they were but i couldbt remember the spelling.. our lights went out around noon yesterday so im tryin to keep everything alive .. its alot of work with 4 tanks :/ got the generator working an hour ago the crawfish tank wont reach so i left the air stone on it and its temp is around 70° .. im gettin an extension cord tomorrow if our lights arent back on so we can hook it up

Crawfish don't need lights on their tank. The airstone will be fine for now. There's more than enough bacteria in that tank I'm sure to keep the cycle going strong. Hope y'all get it sorted out soon!

Me too ... yea it was the filter i was concerned about and the heat but the heat isnt a problem really n since my fish tanks are now going i could add some of the warmer water to my crawfish tank.. my airstone is doing a great job with circulation so thats good .. we havent used any lights either not.even on our fish tanks our only light has been candle or as of tonight tv.. :) the news said our parish still had 2000 without power mayb tomorrow

Yeah and my crawfish all do fine at room temp water. Did yalls power go out from that storm two days ago that came through here? We might be getting another big one tomorrow

Yea we didnt even have really bad weather here .. like it hailed for 5mins n rained really hard for maybe 15mins.. was told Pineville had a couple twisters .. oh n wind was 30mph.. there was trees down everywhere mostly pine or pecan trees so thats why but still its wasnt bad we had just got pulled in our driveway when it started. Got power back an hour ago ..

Crawfish are fed ..my snail is still in the tank and it goes and sits right in front of the hut the crawfish stays in I kinda thought it would have been lunch by now.. lol

Back
Top Bottom