Can I keep both Neos and Cards with my water parameters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Akio

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I currently have some neos (red rili) and am looking to hopefully add another variety to the tank. Is it safe to add Caridinas with my water parameters, or will they suffer? I noticed several of the major sites have different parameters than one another... for example, for Blue Tiger shrimp's pH, theshrimpfarm has 6.0-7.5, aquariumbreeder has 7.2-7.5, theshrimptank has 6.8-7.5 etc.. This is pretty frustrating as I don't want to end up buying these and having two incompatible shrimps together. I ran into the same problem with my original neos as one of the sites said a pH of 6.2 was fine, but later I found this was quite low for neos and was advised to raise it to 6.8. Is there a single reputable site that has accurate parameters??

My parameters are below:
pH: 6.8
GH: 8
KH: 2

Also, do different types of Caridinas have different recommended water parameters (eg. Taiwan bees vs tigers vs crystal reds). If so, which type would be better for the parameters I have? Thanks!

Short answer is a few.
Check out Tangerine Tigers. Also look for breeders of Caridina in your area, water type which use the "tap" parameters. Also pay attention to TDS and use RO to top off for evaporation.

Back
Top Bottom