Disappearing Shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jazzy cap

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HELP! My dwarf shrimp keep dwindling down to just a few, yet there are no bodies to indicate that they have died. All of the water parameters in my 10 gallon RCS tank are correct. I run 2 filters: a sponge filter and an Aquaclear 30 filter with a filter cover on the intake. I do a 25% water change, every other week using water, treated with Prime and Novaqua Plus, that has aged at least 24 hours. I feed my shrimp every other day placing the food in a glass feeding dish. My 10 gallon tank is planted, and contains Malaysian driftwood, cholla wood, and alder cones. yet, in spite of all my efforts, my shrimp keep disappearing! I've even added in new shrimp from time to time, but I can't seem to increase the population and maintain it. HELP!!! Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. This is soooo frustrating! But, I refuse to give up!

:thanks:

Jazzy cap

Also test your TDS.

What is the Ph ?

Check with water company, make sure they aren't flushing pipes.

If nothing else works ? Get RO water and remineralize it. My CRS didn't need anything but Tap. But my CRS I used 1/2 Tap 1/2 Distilled to keep TDS low.

Back
Top Bottom