Dissapearing baby cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone.
I have had a cherry shrimp tank up and running for a couple months now. A couple weeks ago I noticed quite a few baby shrimp around the tank. I added seven dwarf emerald rasboras last week and ever since then I haven't seen any of the baby shrimp. Would the rasboras have eaten all the babies or do you think the babies are hiding more because of the fish in the tank? I'd like to have a colony and I don't want the fish to eat all the babies.

Fish will eat baby Shrimp and survivors will hide. I miss seeing my babies. Now after adding fish I see random juveniles appear.

My Otos and Corydoras habrosus were fine. But after adding my CPDs no more babies out and about.

Also make sure you put a sponge over your filter intake.

Yeah I liked seeing them. If I don't see any juveniles or even babies in time I may just remove the emeralds.

Hey, if you want a colony and to be able to appreciate all the stages of development I'd go for the shrimp only tank.

Fish will eat baby Shrimp and survivors will hide. I miss seeing my babies. Now after adding fish I see random juveniles appear.

My Otos and Corydoras habrosus were fine. But after adding my CPDs no more babies out and about.

Also make sure you put a sponge over your filter intake.

And CPDs are often said to be fairly safe with shrimps. What is your plant density?

But yeah, I do lean towards thinking shrimps need their own tank.

I have a fair amount of plants and a porous piece of driftwood where the shrimp like to hide.

Java moss will be the best for the babies. Throw a golf ball size portion in the corner and more babies will live and turn into adults. I only my babies at night.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom